Friday, April 24, 2009

When they get it all wrong...

I've been living with my boyfriend of 5 years for about 4 months now and I have been loving every minute of it (even right down to getting the groceries together). The other week my boyfriend decided to go grocery shopping by himself (he likes to go on a Thursday night because it's less busy and then doesn't interrupt his weekends) - I couldn't go because I was working late. I gave him no instructions, it was all left to his own accord and when I got home, he rushed over to me excitedly and told me about all the things he got - what we needed, what we didn't and any bargains or sales he managed to get from it! He did a pretty good job too - or so I thought until last night.
I told him we were down to the last role of toilet paper and he proudly said "Don't worry, I bought more!" As soon as he opened the packet, I started laughing uncontrollably. The colour drained from him face and before long we were both in tears. He accidently bought HAND PAPER TOWELS instead of toilet paper!!! I don't completely blame him though because in the packaging it looks like 2 toilet roles on top of eachother! But it certainly was hilarious, entertaining and an experience - especially now whenever I visit the loo!

6 comments:

Amy V. said...

That really made me smile on a day I needed it. Thanks for sharing such a silly story! ;)

rkdsign88 said...

It almost happened to me too, so he is not alone :)

Thank you in millions for your super extra gifts, love them all. For sure, I will be back for more.

Duni said...

Heehee, that is funny! Hubby and I do the grocery shopping together too - more so that hubby doesn't buy everything in bulk!
We're only two people after all!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh hahahaha...That's sooo cute. What a funny story. You made my day. =)

Thea said...

OMG... this happened to me last week. Was it the Quilton brand?

Tinys and Tea said...

It might have been! I'm going to have to check when I get home tonight! :) haha yeah it made us laugh so hard!

Related Posts with Thumbnails