Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Take One Minute

For the past couple of weeks, things have been quite stressful and sad for me, and the people around me. We've gone through some tough moments and will go through more tough moments in time to come. Diseases, sicknesses, hospital trips and tragic accidents have been a few of the things that have happened to good people I know and have affected a lot of loved ones around me. I think everyone out there has gone through some or most of these things, or know those who have.

I've grown to realise and appreciate every minute I am alive on this earth. Every minute you're able to breathe is so precious and I thank God that I am able to wake up tomorrow. And I'm thankful for loved ones around me who are also able to do the same.

I want everyone to do something for me right now. Just take one minute and text message or give a quick call to your partner, mum, dad, sisters, brothers, anyone you love in your life and just tell them you love them. Just spend one minute writing a simple "I love you" text message to those loved people around you. We don't say it enough to each other, and you never know when those people will have their last minute on this earth. Don't have any regrets, don't wait til tomorrow and don't hold any grudges. Time is precious.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely true ! Hope all improves for you soon .

Unknown said...

This is so true...thank you for the reminder....

wevegotpaper said...

I totally agree with you and have come to the same conclusion lately.

My uncle has cancer, my sister's boyfriend's 4 year old son has cancer, I see sickness and tragedies everywhere... And like you know, my dad died from cancer 4 years ago.

So like you, I'm thankful and grateful for what I have and I want to be a ray of light in the middle of all this dark...

I'm sorry that you've been stressed out and sad lately. Here's a BIG HUG for you!

Julie xox

LindaGJ said...

Boy can I relate to interuptions in the health area. I have fibro, long story, so I think rest is the most important way to heal along with sleep and time for yourself. I'm sending you my healing angels and you are in my prayers!
You feeling good again is the most important!
Linda

Melissa Fischer said...

I am so sorry to hear that you and your family have been going through such a hard time lately! Time is so special with your loved ones!
Melissa

Tinys and Tea said...

Thankyou all so much for your kind words and prayers! x

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww what a very inspirational post... I hope things start looking brighter for you and those you love. have a great weekend. =)

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean....this week has been very hard for us...I want to thank you for your kindness and support over the last week....we will never ever get over this tragedy...but with family and friends we never feel alone....

Hugs
Diana

rkdsign88 said...

Great post Mel. We need moment to realize that we are lucky to be with some one that care about us. Life is too short, so make it's right.

Related Posts with Thumbnails